The Movement is our exciting young adult ministry at Bethel. We are both students and professionals. We have monthly worship celebrations, connect groups and outreach every month. Some of our celebrations are off site. Our world needs a spiritual revolution and it begins with us.
OUR HEARTBEAT: Matt 10 “Go to the lost, confused people right here in the neighbourhood. Tell them that the kingdom is here. Bring health to the sick. Raise the dead. Touch the untouchables. Kick out the demons. You have been treated generously, so live generously.”
vs. 28 “If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and more”
OUR PURPOSE: – to bring Young Adults together in a place where they can encounter God, be inspired, live up to their potential and walk out their faith by serving in meaningful and significant ways in both YA, youth, the church, the community and the world.
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide a monthly gathering where young adults ages 18-30 encounter the life changing presence of Jesus, be inspired to flourish in their faith, walk out their faith in tangible ways through serving both inside the walls and outside the walls. A place to call their own, belong, grow and accomplish the unprecedented.
We are involved in campus outreach, strip club outreach and street ministry monthly. For more info email Pastor Ezra at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Movement look like when we don’t have a pandemic? We have something every Thursday night for young adults.
EPIC Monthly Celebration 2nd Thursday of each month 7 PM
Sept – Apr for our monthly Celebration (write P. Ezra if you need a group uber from UNI) SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID 19
uOttawa – 6:30 Jock Turcott Centre
Carleton – 6:30 UC
(University Centres pick up spot)
YA DANCE TEAM
Practices 2x a month on Tuesdays – email email@example.com for info
Every 1st and 3rd Week (some on Thursday/Friday/Tuesday/Sunday) we have connect groups for students and professionals. These are small groups 7 pm (in homes) (sign up online under Bethel Communities)
- Ayomide/Wesley – lead – Nepean – students (Thursday night 1st and 3rd each month)
- Dammie/Anita– Students – Nepean (Thursday night 1st and 3rd each month)
- Sydney Hart – Barrhaven (Thursday night 1st and 3rd each month)
- Mwali and Kindja Muray – Girls Only – Nepean (Monday night 1st and 3rd each month)
- Jay Yameogo/Manny Tanga – Professionals – Nepean (Thursday night 1st and 3rd each month)
- Ryan Persaud – Guys only – Bethel (Wednesday night 1st and 3rd each month) 6:00 PM
- Bukky & Banks/Jeff & Emily – Mr. & Mrs. couples small group 3rd Thursday every month 7:00 PM