Our greatest need is prayer. God’s Word tells us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and we truly believe that the Care Centre cannot successfully fulfill its mission without consistent prayer.
Non-perishable food items, gently-used clothing and personal care items can be dropped off in the white Care Centre bins any time the church is open.
Items we are in most need of include: cereal, peanut butter, jam, pancake mix and syrup, condiments, school lunch items (juice boxes, puddings, fruit cups, cheese and crackers, granola bars), cookies, crackers, canned fruits and vegetables, pasta, pasta sauce, rice, canned meats, tea, coffee, baking supplies, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap, paper towels, Kleenex, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, diapers, wipes, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, tooth brush, shaving cream, tooth paste, feminine hygiene supplies, pet food and plastic and reusable grocery bags.
In a survey conducted with 25+ households, a significant need for fresh produce and fruits, as well as milk and eggs, was consistently voiced. You can help us to stock our Food Pantry with these important and needed items by donating financially to the Care Centre. Simply indicate “Special Project – Care Centre” on your donation envelope or through Text-to-Give.
Are you interested in volunteering? Please contact us directly to learn more about becoming a Care Centre volunteer. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer team
- Launder (when needed), sort, fold and hang clothing
- Sort food donations, check expiry dates and stack food on shelves
- Connect with businesses and organizations in the community to obtain donations
- Pick up food and/or clothing from community partners
- Set up grocery area and clothing depot for Marketplace (Friday morning, Friday afternoon)
- Help in food pantry during Marketplace
- Help in clothing depot during Marketplace
- Help in coffee, tea and snack area during Marketplace
- Floaters during Marketplace
- Kids’ Zone leader during Marketplace
- Kids’ Zone helpers during Marketplace
- Hospitality – greet and visit with guests during Marketplace
- Pack groceries during Marketplace
- Deliver groceries (via bus to Debra Dynes/Eiffel communities)
- Registration desk and data entry
- Needs’ assessment and referral assistance (under supervision)
- Clean up and tear down (Saturday afternoon)
- Teach workshops
- Help with workshops
- Special events (BBQ, dinners)