Malawi is rated the world’s fourth poorest nation, and is consumed by all manner of suffering. The country faces political turmoil, drought, disease, and despair. Our efforts in Malawi are an attempt to transcend circumstance and offer hope to its people.
- Capital City: Lilongwe
- Population: 10,925,200
- Primary Language: Chewa & English
- Other Languages: 14 language groups
- Evangelicals: 20% of population
- PAOC work began in 1982
- Most receptive country to the Gospel in Central Africa
Bethel supports efforts in Malawi to further education, and to offer aid to the hungry and needy.
Involvement to Date
Bethel is currently a sponsor of the elementary and the secondary school, Hope Christian Academy in Lilongwe. Funds have been provided to build the secondary school for children ready to further their education. Bethel has supplied building materials for six churches and financially supports several missionaries.
Plans for the Future
Completion of the remaining buildings of Hope Christian Academy and to take the lead in establishing the Village of Hope Orphanage.
Summary of Accomplishments
- Funded approximately 25% of the PAOC budget for Malawi
- Construction of classrooms, administrative facilities & washrooms for Hope Christian Academy
- Completion of infrastructure required for future expansion of Village of Hope property (roads, hydro, water, sewage)
- Funding of 7 church buildings (tabernacles) erected in villages & cities across Malawi
How You Can Pray
- For the PAOC missionaries
- For the further development of strong national leaders, for the Bible college, and for the leadership of the school